Then, you decided to push me into that grave. You thought that you would be able to get rid of me. I will not let it because I am stronger than you and I am saying goodbye letter to alcohol. There is a saying that the hardest thing to do in life is to say goodbye. This includes all relationships, including my relationship with you. We have been through a lot together.
Your goal is to tell alcohol that it will no longer be part of your life by using a long or short Goodbye Letter to Alcohol to express your feelings. If you choose, you can save the letter, send it off in the mail, or share it with your counselor. Back in August, Lady A made the announcement that Charles Kelley had embarked on journey to sobriety. Get professional help from an online addiction and mental health counselor from BetterHelp. Both letters are a great example of how to write your goodbye letter to alcohol.
And I’m able to watch my daughters grow older. The silver lining to our relationship is that I am stronger than I’ve ever been. My relationship with you, Addiction, made me a trophy of grace.
- Inspire Malibu is the premier Non 12 Step, drug, alcohol, and detox treatment center in Malibu California led by our board certified addiction specialists.
- They deserve me without you tagging along.
- It’s time for me to focus on my family.
- In February of 2016, Kelley released his debut solo album, The Driver, which features fan-favorite tunes such as “Leaving Nashville,” “The Driver,” “Lonely Girl,” and more.
- His Lady A bandmates lend their support with Haywood offering his piano chops and backing vocals and Hillary Scott offering her encouragement from afar.
“I want to thank everyone who has shown me so much support and encouragement so far on my journey of sobriety,” the “Need You Now” singer wrote. When you are strong in recovery, it may be helpful to share your letter with family and friends. Your insights into those behaviors may help heal broken relationships cause by alcoholism. The letter may relay humor and the lighter side of drinking before alcoholism took ahold.
Relationships have been restored, and new ones have begun. I’ve said goodbye to relationships that held me back and hello to ones that push me to be the best version of myself. We may receive advertising fees if you follow links to the BetterHelp site.